• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Process for Collecting a Judgement in Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abh96

What is the name of your state? Utah

I went to small claims court in August and got a judgement against someone. I have the paper but I am really confused about what I need to do to collect it now. The utcourts.gov website is not helpful at all and the court won't tell me anything about the process either.

I'm unsure where the other person works (I have an idea of where he may work but I'm not 100% positive) and I don't know what (if any) property he owns. I'm completely lost but also very broke and would like to start getting my money back.

Please help!

TigerD

There is a reason that most judgments go unpaid.
You can learn about judgment enforcement at nationaljudgment.net. But, I caution you, you are likely throwing good money after bad.

TD

adjusterjack

If you know where he works, you can file for wage garnishment.
If you know where he banks, you can levy his bank account.

If you don't know either you can have him summoned to court for a "debtor's examination" where he would have to reveal that stuff under oath.

If you got a default judgment because he didn't bother to show up then there is a good possibility that you'll never see your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">