• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Production of Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
gaems143 said:
Can't I just offer up my W2's and not income taxes, credit card statements etc. on the arguement that it does contain information about my spouse that she doens't need to know.

I only have visitation every other weekend now and some holidays and my CS is current and I get our children everytime she lets me. Why is my credit card information relevant? I don't understand. I thought only my income produced from my jobs was the only thing relevant. ????
You can pretty well bet that you will be ordered by the judge to provide tax returns as well as the W2's. You can have the returns redacted so as not to include your wife's income/info, or you can ask that the information be restricted to your lawyer, her lawyer and the judge - to be viewed only in chambers. And be aware that if you drag out providing that info long enough, the judge may order you to pay some or all of your ex's legal fees. My ex learned that one the hard way.

rmet4nzkx

gaems143 said:
No one is manipulating the facts, I just asked a question. You don't have to respond.
If you don't provide the facts NO one can give you appropriate advice, you only hurt yourself by omitting or manipulaitng the facts. You can get all the strokes you want here and it won't help your cause.

P

psfunkytek

Produce Documents

I was served with a 30 page request to produce documents in my custody case and get this......me and my kid's dad were never married so there is no community property (I'm in CA, a CP state) and opposing counsel didn't even bother to change the language in the "template" from spouse. My attorney said I didn't have to send anything except income information (althouth it is VERY different from a divorce, in which assets and debts are being devided). My attorney sent a letter of objection (after the deadline to object), and as a result, got a threatening letter from opposing counsel saying that it was too late to object and if I didn't produce the documents, he was going to take me to court and seek legal fees.

I produced what documents I did have and he is free to pay his attorney to review documents not relavant to our case. In CA we have standard CS guidelines for parents who were never married and it's based on parents income and % of custodial time. The only adjustments are for mortgage tax, and usually they will order splitting of child care expenses and unreimbursed medical expenses.

I assume overall, this is used information is used to determine spousal and child support, but does anyone know just how this works when it's not standard. I'm really curious to know, for example, how does a court determine how much child support Kevin Federline has to pay to the mother of his first two children to whom he was never married? He really doesn't have any money of his own, but he's married to Brittney Spears who is said to be worth some $80 million. And if they get divorced, would Brittney then have to pay child support to him even if he only had say 30% custody time because she has so much more money than he does?

rmet4nzkx

psfunkytek said:
I was served with a 30 page request to produce documents in my custody case and get this......me and my kid's dad were never married so there is no community property (I'm in CA, a CP state) and opposing counsel didn't even bother to change the language in the "template" from spouse. My attorney said I didn't have to send anything except income information (althouth it is VERY different from a divorce, in which assets and debts are being devided). My attorney sent a letter of objection (after the deadline to object), and as a result, got a threatening letter from opposing counsel saying that it was too late to object and if I didn't produce the documents, he was going to take me to court and seek legal fees.

I produced what documents I did have and he is free to pay his attorney to review documents not relavant to our case. In CA we have standard CS guidelines for parents who were never married and it's based on parents income and % of custodial time. The only adjustments are for mortgage tax, and usually they will order splitting of child care expenses and unreimbursed medical expenses.

I assume overall, this is used information is used to determine spousal and child support, but does anyone know just how this works when it's not standard. I'm really curious to know, for example, how does a court determine how much child support Kevin Federline has to pay to the mother of his first two children to whom he was never married? He really doesn't have any money of his own, but he's married to Brittney Spears who is said to be worth some $80 million. And if they get divorced, would Brittney then have to pay child support to him even if he only had say 30% custody time because she has so much more money than he does?
All your information about California is irrelevant to OP's question.
If your questions on your thread have not been answered then add these questions about California specific questions re productions of documents fo runmarried parties there. I suggest you go to the California codes site and research your questions, be sure to look up the words compell, enforce, contempt, sanction in the CCCP section in addition to family law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">