• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof that biology is what matters in eye of the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janM

Yeah, that's here in Ohio. How sad. They'll have to give the baby to his parents right after birth. Worst part is, due to health reasons, she can't carry another baby. They'll have to use a surrogate themselves.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, that's here in Ohio. How sad. They'll have to give the baby to his parents right after birth. Worst part is, due to health reasons, she can't carry another baby. They'll have to use a surrogate themselves.
While it doesn't mitigate their loss, they do have three other children. All three of which she carried.

janM

While it doesn't mitigate their loss, they do have three other children. All three of which she carried.
Yes, I should have added that they want to use the remaining embryos rather than destroy them (kinda like Nadia). Their last child was conceived with invitro, hence the extras.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Read/watch this story. For all who have said blood doesnt make you a parent heres where the law differs from that thinking

Carolyn Savage Given Wrong Embryos in IVF Mistake
Biology DOES create a Constitutional right.....I know I want those rights upheld for everyone, in case there is ever a question for my own children, my Constitutional right would be able to be enforced.

I don't even understand why you would think this is wrong:confused:

xylene

Scientific proof that if you are opposed to abortion you should absolutely NEVER use advanced reproductive technology.

If these people were at all rational - she would have elected to terminate the pregnancy.

This would have been a quietly unreported tragedy instead of a media circus.

Bucky41

Biology DOES create a Constitutional right.....I know I want those rights upheld for everyone, in case there is ever a question for my own children, my Constitutional right would be able to be enforced.

Maybe not necessarily 'wrong'...but what if the other couple didn't want any other children? Or, if there were no other couple any more (divorce or worse - death of both biological parents)? In vitro brings up a great many unusual circumstances...Nadia being only one of them ;)

Zephyr

Maybe not necessarily 'wrong'...but what if the other couple didn't want any other children? Or, if there were no other couple any more (divorce or worse - death of both biological parents)? In vitro brings up a great many unusual circumstances...Nadia being only one of them ;)
what if? we can't legislate for the exception

profmum

Thankfully we have options in this country to NOT bring a pregnancy to term when the circumstances are extenuating or not. If religious beliefs etc dont permit abortion then one has to deal with the consequences. This couple has to deal with their choices now and yes it will result in a lot heartache.. because actions/choices = consequences!

Zephyr

Thankfully we have options in this country to NOT bring a pregnancy to term when the circumstances are extenuating or not. If religious beliefs etc dont permit abortion then one has to deal with the consequences. This couple has to deal with their choices now and yes it will result in a lot heartache.. because actions/choices = consequences!
I totally agree.

Hisbabygirl77

Where in my post did I say that it was wrong? I was saying since over and over again we hear people say just because they have same blood running through them doesnt make them a dad/mom that is in the eyes of the law even in the most extreme of cases it does. For all who said as a step or significant other the mother/father doesnt feed/dress/take care of the child well shoot this lady carried what she thought was her child and still the law says the child belongs to biological parents so dont try that lame excuse.

Last edited:

Isis1

Where in my post did I say that it was wrong? I was saying since over and over again we here people say just because they have same blood running through them doesnt make them a dad/mom that is in the eyes of the law even in the most extreme of cases it does. For all who said as a step or significant other the mother/father doesnt feed/dress/take care of the child well shoot this lady carried what she thought was her child and still the law says the child belongs to biological parents so dont try that lame excuse.
good point. i didn't see that the first time around.

er, by the way...the crazy so cal neighbor with the 15 or 20 embryos, her name is nadya :p. blegh!

Zephyr

Where in my post did I say that it was wrong? I was saying since over and over again we hear people say just because they have same blood running through them doesnt make them a dad/mom that is in the eyes of the law even in the most extreme of cases it does. For all who said as a step or significant other the mother/father doesnt feed/dress/take care of the child well shoot this lady carried what she thought was her child and still the law says the child belongs to biological parents so dont try that lame excuse.
I apologize, I read your post in the wrong tone:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">