• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property flipper build hose too close but they know the code...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Thank you for the advice. I am getting a outside town one as when I called the one in town they told me they are the one did land surveyor for the flipper.
I talked to a lawyer as well... Basically I won't win. When I receive the letter I should ask the city to request hearing but too late. And the flipper took it before city require herring.

Sometime you feel angry because someone does things not in common sense...Is like when you drive on the street not every driver follow the common sense and you might get angry.
Couple ways to resolve it, walk away, suck it up, change your view or fight it but just to get a better feeling. lol

In this case I am done and I already started looking for a new house. My house is small anyway so good trigger.
But wife still angry so we set 10k aside for a lawyer and fight until that 10k run out. You know happy wife happy life. Do whatever make wife happy. lol

Suit the property not the flipper so they can't sell or rent the house until the case is over. We just get ready and start the fight when they ready to sell.
But we will keep apply extension of the court date and do it over and over again until either wife give up or run out of the 10k.
You never know that might be once the law suit started they might just take tat deck down. The cost for that wood deck not worth 2-3K they might
think too much work and take down. lol. Or they get angry fight until the end. lol Either way, I am not angry anymore rather I will try enjoy the ride.

And what happens if you get hit with paying the other sides' legal fees? Because the court will not tolerate you and your wife's game-playing for very long. You may find yourself blowing through your $10k plus a whole lot more, just to anger your neighbor by clogging up an already over-loaded court system. As a taxpayer, I find your position to be troubling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">