• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slimi

property

He made me move to a different state leave my job ,I can't get one here where I live at this time ,I could go back to where I lived and worked but I can't just "take" money and go.

mistoffolees

How can I tell him I'm not getting my name off the deed when he requests I do so,
I just want to take my name off it and go on with my life,but if I leave I have nothing as far as a place to stay.
There's a word in the English language which is very useful for situations like this: "no".

If he asks, you just say 'no' and that you'll be glad to take care of all the details when everything is worked out, but not one piece at a time.

mistoffolees

He made me move to a different state leave my job ,I can't get one here where I live at this time ,I could go back to where I lived and worked but I can't just "take" money and go.
Really? No jobs in Florida? Their chamber of commerce is going to be very disappointed. :rolleyes:

You didn't say if you have kids. If there are no kids, you're free to stay in the condo or leave. He can't stop you, nor can the throw you out. If you decide to leave, it's not going to affect your property rights (just don't leave it empty without taking the appropriate steps to ensure that it is taken care of). If you want to move out of state, then go back to wherever you came from.

If there are kids, this would be a serious mistake. in that case, you'll want to stay where you are and find whatever job you can find in the area. You can ask the court for permission to move later, but depending on circumstances, you may or may not get it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How can I tell him I'm not getting my name off the deed when he requests I do so,
I just want to take my name off it and go on with my life,but if I leave I have nothing as far as a place to stay.

Thank you
You say "No. I am not removing my name until a court orders me to do so and I am compensated for it. Have a good day." And then you stay there and live.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">