• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protected Speech E-Mails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gildon387

I wrote an E-mail to my State Senator and Representative expressing my personal concerns regarding proposed contract settlements with State Employees. Apparently one of them released the e-mail to the State Employees who are now head hunting. E-mail was sent from my office using a department computer but agency has absolutely no policy regarding e-mail use and is used frequently by most employees for personal issues. Word is my position which is an executive level position is in extreme jeopordy. I expressed my opinion on a matter of public concern so as such at least the content of the e-mails should be protected speech, but is there any other exposure here ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">