• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proving bipolar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? VA The CP is bipolar. Any ideas how I can prove that or get a record showing that. My daughter is 2, and I'm afraid that her mothers condition will affect our relationship. It seems every holiday I have her or when I just resently advised the mother of my summer vacation dates. The mother goes nuts....she's accusing me of not paying child support for half of april..(of course I have all of my receipts) and told her father I called her a whore.........lol I like that part, but its simply not true. So I had to go through a huge lecture by her father.....I have other stories but I'll spare you. The problem is they do this when I go to pick up my daughter. I'm bringing a tape recorder now every time I go to pick her up.... but will it hold up in court? Its really petty on her part so what would a judge, do if anything?I believe the mother isn't currently getting treatment for bipolar...but I've been told by her and her father that she was diagnosed with it. So how would I go about proving that?

H

hmmbrdzz

Unless she admits having been diagnosed bipolar, you will probably have a difficult time (if not impossible) proving she's been diagnosed with it. You can state your belief that she's bipolar, that she and the father both told you she's bipolar, that you believe she's not being treated, or that regardless of treatment her behavior is erratic and violent and how you believe she's a danger to your child. The description "going nuts" and/or her accusing you of refusing to pay child support and/or the fact that she is lying about your behavior is not enough to suggest a condition of bipolar. You need more. Plus -- you stated it's "pretty petty on her part". Think about that statement and instead say something more along the lines like "her behavior is unconscionable".

I don't know what the laws are regarding taping.

Good luck.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">