• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seniorjudge

Agreed.

I love my little bitches to no end and they spoiled rotten.

When I had a previous dog put down a while ago, it was a traumatic experience. (I held her as she died.)

However, none of that translates into money.
But do not think I am compassionate and sensitive!!!:D

concerned12many

Me again....I hadn't mentioned this was someone I work with so now I am getting emails at work. And looks here in the office from different co workers. (she's telling people I guess what she believes happened-- that the vet says the puppy was attacked and mauled by an adult dog and even has a note) This is not correct as we know only puppies were out together when this accident happened.
Does this have any bearing in court?
My boyfriend and I tried to meet in the middle for what they are asking---$1500 and she says she cannot take that but instead wants to pursue court to get the full $2500. Is there anything that I can do to prepare for court? Should the judge know they cannot get more than the price of the dog?
Thanks again for your advice and peace of mind.

allysmom3005

property

The court is going to view the puppy as property, just like as if you damaged their car. You will probably be found at fault because the puppy was in your care; however, the court is only going to award the property value of the puppy. They are only entitled to be made whole. Most likely you will pay $500 as that is what the puppy was paid for. I would offer that to them, if they don't accept it then let them take you to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">