• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased some groceries at a local grocery ship - Lost the receipt - please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

That's NOT very green of you quincy. I strongly suggest that the receipt be recycled. That would be MUCH better for the environment.
You are right, HighwayMan. I was remiss to not mention recycling.

(here's hoping this doesn't set off another worry, this time over the littering of Earth)

justalayman

Yes. Seek competent psychiatric help to help you overcome your issues.

What's with you guys? Every time somebody comes here with some story that sounds ridiculously dumb you go and accuse them of being mentally ill.

What they actually need, while it is medical treatment, is not mental health treatment but a medical procedure known as a trolleoectomy. While at one time the medical field believed to exhibit such behaviors were victims of trolleoitis, caused by close relations with a troll (yes, a troll STD), they have since discovered that if left untreated, it goes beyond a simple infection and manifests itself as something akin to a tumorous cancer that can be surgically removed. They have discovered that if left untreated, the tumor progresses such that it overtakes and actually replaces the original "being" that was infected and becomes a troll in all senses. It is believed that this is actually how trolls procreate although no medical professional to date has had the stomach and the complete lack of compassion to allow a complete transformation. Sadly to say at some point a trolleoectomy is no longer possible but given the presumed final result, the doctors have felt it was necessary to perform a procedure known as the muerto de la troll. It has progressed such that it can be done in a completely humane manner with the subject patient experiencing no discomfort what so ever. They believe it is the only humane manner in dealing with a patient that has gone beyond the possibility of a trolleoectomy.

Well, based strictly on what you have written, I suggest you put your frozen foods in your freezer, your refrigerated items in your refrigerator and your non-perishable items in your cupboards. And, since you checked to see that the groceries were properly charged to your credit card, I suggest you throw your receipt away.
I lost the receipt remember? The credit card transaction online shows I bought it though.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

... I do see the $29.44 charge on my credit card transaction though. I also buy other items on a different receipt in which I did show him. ...
You do have a receipt to dispose of, AdviceFreeUser. I suggest you do so responsibly. ;)

If you are seriously finding it difficult to let go of worries such as the ones you are expressing here, you might want to think about getting a medical evaluation to see if you have, perhaps, an anxiety disorder that can be treated.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">