• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qdro

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Theobald

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?Florida My Divoce attorney never filed Qdro for my ex husband retirm accounts. When I went back to my to help me he wanted to charge me 2,000 to start filin. I wouldn’t because he never did his job. What can I do?

adjusterjack

It should have been done with your decree and then the QDRO served on the custodian of the retirement account.

Start by googling Florida QDRO and study up on what it is and how it works. You'll also find a few ads from places that prepare them for a few hundred dollars.

Did your contract with your divorce attorney spell out that your QDRO would be handled under whatever fee structure that was agreed upon?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">