• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about days worked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldie_allan

What is the name of your state?CA

I currently work in a auto parts store, I'm a full time employee that gets paid hourly. My first question is if I work more than six days straight say like nine or ten days straight without a day off is that legal and shouldn't I get paid overtime for any of these days?

goldie_allan

Question aboutdays worked

CA.

I work no less than 8 hours a day, what i want to find out is today is the 12-20-04, my work schedule for last week and this week are from the 14th of last week and goes until the 24th of this week without a day off. Is this legal? and when do i start to get overtime if i am entitled to OT.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although I believe CA is one of the states which requires one day of rest in every seven, you can be asked to work up to 12 days in a row in such a state without that law being violated.

Example: Week one, you are off Sunday, then work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Week two, you work Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and then have Saturday off.

You have had one day out of every seven off; the law has been kept; you have worked 12 days in a row.

So yes, what you describe is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">