• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romeo0o

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York
I was driving home on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and was involved in a accident. There was a total of 9 vehicles involved. Car 1 lost control and 2 cars read end each other. I was with the middle 3 cars in the accident. The 3 cars including myself was slipping and lost control due to the oil on the road from the first 3 pile up. I proceeded to slow down but because of the slick conditions of the road mixed with rainy weather I was not able to stop in time and hit the car in front who was also braking and sliding. I then bounced off and slightly hit another car on the right side who was also braking and sliding. And similar scenario happened to the 3 cars following behind. This was around 7AM Eastern Standard time if it matters.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how it would play out through my insurance. Would I lose both cases horribly and end up paying a ridiculous amount on my insurance or would my insurance just stay the same?

Banned_Princess

This accident is not your fault, and you shouldn't have to pay repercussions for it. (That is NOT to say you WONT,)

Rates increase for anything, and the accident you were in is exactly why you carry insurance. Relax and just let your insurance do what it does.

all 9 companies will work it out among themselves, and you should/might get your deductible back in the next 5 years, if you are lucky.

ecmst12

There is a possibility that you will not be found at fault for any of it. You should most DEFINITELY use your collision coverage, if you want your car repaired within the next year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">