• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about New business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTruth101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Nevada

I am starting a lead generation business generating timeshare leads. My question is can I still work at the timeshare company I work at now and generate leads for another company?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Nevada

I am starting a lead generation business generating timeshare leads. My question is can I still work at the timeshare company I work at now and generate leads for another company?
It depends on what your contract with your current employer says and what your employer says.

quincy

Hi

I want to suggest you if you would like to start a lead generation business you have consider all these points before starting it. Here are the some points:

1. How can you be sure that contact data is reliable and up to date?

2. How do the filters work? What kind of people can you target?

3. Where does the data come from?

4. Are the lead lists worth the money?

5.What is a good B2B lead? How do you get good leads?
Cummings, if you are going to claim you are an attorney on this site, you must first contact the administrator of this site to have your credentials verified. I have reported your post to start the verification process. Watch for an email from the moderator.

Also I suggest you re-read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you registered.

Before TheTruth considers starting a lead generator business, he needs to make sure there is no noncompete clause in his current contract and that there is no confidentiality/nondisclosure/trade secret clause in his current contract (with trade secrets including client lists) and he must make sure his current employer approves of him working a second job doing for his new job what he does for his current employer (this if he values his current position and does not want to get fired).

TheTruth can start there and think about what you said later. :)

Last edited:

quincy

I'm just curious if they can come after me or sue me. Stating I can't do both.
Could your current employer sue you? Possibly. More needs to be known about your current employment and employer.

Your current employer could certainly fire you, though.

You can review all facts with an attorney in your area to determine if a lawsuit might have merit if you start your own business while working for your current employer - or you could ASK your current employer what he thinks of your plan.

quincy

I didn't sign a non-compete. I checked already.
The absence of a noncompete agreement might work in your favor but it does not (necessarily) mean you can start your own business without risking a lawsuit filed against you by your current employer.

There are other factors about your current employment that need to be examined. I would be concerned with trade secrets.

And your one-person LLC will not offer you as much protection as good insurance coverage will.

Last edited:

quincy

TheTruth, please do not start a second thread with the same question. If you have additional questions on this matter that have not already been addressed, add them to this thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">