• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about the 5th Weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calimom3

As petty as this may seem you may want to get your attorney or old attorney to clarify this. I know with my X I would have to. He is the type to agree to something when it suits him and then 5 min. later deny he ever agreed. If your X is the reasonable type maybe you can skip this and come to an agreement on what day defines the start of a weekend.
I like the specified weekends because it does clearly state what weekend the kids will be with which parent. It limits the amount of crap the my EH can get away with, because I think my ex is like escape2paradise's... will agree to something when it suits him. On the other hand, I do not want make a big stink about time with the kids that I am not legally entitled to, but it seems to me it's just a matter or interpretation and could be called either way.

I will, of course, take this back for clarification, because I did not read the "things that can not be said enough" thread before this was put into place.

Halls

I'd like to make a correction. The standard possession schedule in Texas does not say 5th weekends of the month, it says the 5th Friday of every month and my court order says that as well. I think it is all technical wording in each state, so to be sure I'd just call your lawyer or a family law lawyer in your city and ask them to make sure what exactly is a 5th weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">