• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

I just wanted to touch base and thank you all for helping me during this. I decided at the last minute to appeal UI's decision. I ended up having proof that some of the dates he said I was a no show were dates that he and I had discussed and decided I wouldn't be in those days. I also pointed out that I had never been written up for anything. UI ended up reversing their decision without us even having a hearing. I don't know if he tried to appeal my appeal, but if he did, he was denied because I've never heard anything again. In fact, I've since been accepted into NYS's SEAP program which I am very excited about!!!

Thank you everyone again.

PayrollHRGuy

I don't know if he tried to appeal my appeal, but if he did, he was denied because I've never heard anything again.

Thank you everyone again.
I'm glad things turned your way. What date was the new decision issued? I ask because the employer had 20-30 days to appeal.

isis297

I'm glad things turned your way. What date was the new decision issued? I ask because the employer had 20-30 days to appeal.
The denial was revoked mid-July. I have followed the advice of everyone here and not given him anymore of my energy...I'm not doing the DOL investigation into my vacation time for example even though I still feel I would get it as I have my job description and he doesn't have a signed handbook from me. At this point, I just want to figure out how to monetize my business idea until I build traction at which time I have a list of options. It is very important to me that I make this business work as through it I can help so many locally, nationally, and eventually even globally and hopefully undo all the financial negatives this past year has had on my family. Thank you for being patient with me and know that I truly appreciate you all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">