• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Elizabeth 999 anwer from Homeguru

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Margie1

Question to Homeguru regarding Elizabeth999 - I have a similar situation in that my 1992 Beretta was totalled and I have now purchased a new Cavalier - my car had just had a lot of major things done to it and was in very good running order. I had no intention of buying a new car at the time. I did not want to buy another used one as I would have no idea what I was getting into. This is a serious question - are we not entitled to something for the time and effort and stress from the after effects of someone hitting us?
I am not expecting to get rich off of this person or to pay for my new car, but I think a $1100 settlement (what I have been offered) is not enough. Your thoughts please - seriously.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Margie1:
Question to Homeguru regarding Elizabeth999 - I have a similar situation in that my 1992 Beretta was totalled and I have now purchased a new Cavalier - my car had just had a lot of major things done to it and was in very good running order. I had no intention of buying a new car at the time. I did not want to buy another used one as I would have no idea what I was getting into. This is a serious question - are we not entitled to something for the time and effort and stress from the after effects of someone hitting us?
I am not expecting to get rich off of this person or to pay for my new car, but I think a $1100 settlement (what I have been offered) is not enough. Your thoughts please - seriously.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the estimated Blue Book value of your car? If it was worth around $1100 then that is a fair settlement if you have no injuries. You do not have to accept the settlement and can negotiate if you have documented evidence that your car was worth much more than $1100.

The fact that you bought a new car should have no bearing whatsoever on your settlement payment for your old car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">