• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on hardship program and debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Purge07

What is the name of your state? Illinois

In July 2020 I became unemployed for at least one month and had signed up for the hardship program with fingerhut. The representative had sworn me into the hardship program, and was told to make payments of 50.00 online and no interest would be charged. Next month rolls by, and I notice that interest was charged and called to not just complain but also make another payment, to find out by another representative that I am not enrolled in the hardship program after already sworn into it. Then I had to be sworn again, and I gave them an account on which to withdraw funds for the 50.00 payment for 9 months to return my account to the regular balance of what it was for that august after subtracting interest. I gave them my information and they stated that automated payments would be setup on for the first of the month, with each month going by and no automatic payments into which I called them again asking them why they are not doing their job, and why my payments are late? The same thing continued on and I complained more for several months. I fulfilled my obligation of providing them with my account and funds on which To withdraw from for the 9 months and they still did not do their job. Causing my account to gain interest and late fees, and ruining my credit. I have made a complaint to the state’s attorneys office. I do not owe the full balance due to their failure of not taking payments and fulfilling their obligations.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Illinois

In July 2020 I became unemployed for at least one month and had signed up for the hardship program with fingerhut. The representative had sworn me into the hardship program, and was told to make payments of 50.00 online and no interest would be charged. Next month rolls by, and I notice that interest was charged and called to not just complain but also make another payment, to find out by another representative that I am not enrolled in the hardship program after already sworn into it. Then I had to be sworn again, and I gave them an account on which to withdraw funds for the 50.00 payment for 9 months to return my account to the regular balance of what it was for that august after subtracting interest. I gave them my information and they stated that automated payments would be setup on for the first of the month, with each month going by and no automatic payments into which I called them again asking them why they are not doing their job, and why my payments are late? The same thing continued on and I complained more for several months. I fulfilled my obligation of providing them with my account and funds on which To withdraw from for the 9 months and they still did not do their job. Causing my account to gain interest and late fees, and ruining my credit. I have made a complaint to the state’s attorneys office. I do not owe the full balance due to their failure of not taking payments and fulfilling their obligations.
What Fingerhut hardship program were you supposed to be enrolled in?

Did the bank account you set up for the monthly withdrawals by Fingerhut always have enough money in it to cover payments plus bank fees?

Are you employed now?

adjusterjack

Now you know. "I was told" and "they stated" are the most dangerous phrases in the English language.

Sorry, but your account is delinquent for the amount of the unpaid balance. As long as you don't pay it your credit is effed.

I suggest you pay it and clear the account. Then write your complaint to a corporate officer.

Bruce Cazenave – Chief Executive Officer
Neil Ayotte – Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
Pete Michielutti – Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Jackie Punch – Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer
Jim Slavik – Executive Vice President & President of Credit Services

Fingerhut c/o Bluestem Brands 6509 Flying Cloud Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Or

Fingerhut Customer Service 6250 Ridgewood Rd., St. Cloud, MN 56303.

Whoever you pick, send duplicates to the same person at both addresses.

If you don't get any satisfaction, contact the Elliott Advocacy for help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">