• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nice_kitty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Ok...I hired someone to put siding on my home, the job they did is horrible. We appeared in SC court today and we had lots of evidence and I think it's going to go in our favor, the judge said it would be about 3 days for him to decide. During the hearing the defendents stated that they have a lawyer ready to put a lien against our home. The reason...we contacted an attorney who told us not to pay him the rest of the money, ($1,000.)

My question is...If we are suing him/if we win, can he do this?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?PA

swrdmbo

If you are suing him for the amount unpaid( the $1000) and the judge rules in your favor they CANNOT file a lien on your property. You no longer owe the money.

If the judge rules that you owe half ,or whatever amount and you do not pay it, then they can file a lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">