• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Questions On a Restricted DL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dinpoudel

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I had DUI (First Offense) few month ago. Right now my Licence is Restricted to and from work and dui Programme.And I have 3 more months to go for the restrictiont to be over. Since my BAC Level was 0.24, Judge ordered me to take 9 months of DUI program(School). I enrolled School right after i was convicted and the school will be over in Feb 07.
My Restriction will be over on NOV 5th but i will finish my DUI classes in Feb of 2007 , My question is what will be the status of my driving licence after 3 months after my restriction is over. Do i have to go for more restriction until my classs is over or i will be abel to drive with a regular dl???:confused:

Any information will be appriciated.

Thank you ALL:)

mikenshari

Dinpoudel,
From what I'm finding out, I'm pretty sure that the DMV on the 1st offense will suspend it for 3-4 months, then you will have full driving status again. But I'm not 100%. I had my 1st DUI on Monday 8-7 night. I blew a .16 then .15, I have a questions for you. What happened to you after your court apperance? Mine is middle of next month, and I dredding it. Did you go to jail for 48HRS? Tell me what happened to you. I live in San Diego. Thanks for your time.

garrula lingua

Din, your question is about DMV consequences, not the court.

DMV should have suspended for three months and also until you complete the 9 month alcohol program and present proof of ins & program completion to DMV.

I believe you can get a restricted DL from DMV for work & program after 3 months.

Check with DMV - they also require that you pay a re-issue fee before your driving privilege is restored, so you need to check with them on that amt & due date.

Remember - You have to be proactive with DMV - they will not automatically restore your driving privileges; you have to pay the reissue fee and present proof of required classes, etc.

As of 2005, all of your drivers license consequences are handled by DMV, not the court.

Dinpoudel

mikenshari said:
Dinpoudel,
From what I'm finding out, I'm pretty sure that the DMV on the 1st offense will suspend it for 3-4 months, then you will have full driving status again. But I'm not 100%. I had my 1st DUI on Monday 8-7 night. I blew a .16 then .15, I have a questions for you. What happened to you after your court apperance? Mine is middle of next month, and I dredding it. Did you go to jail for 48HRS? Tell me what happened to you. I live in San Diego. Thanks for your time.
Fines $2200

The jail time 48 hrs you will be converted to a Cummunity service may be caltrans work project 2to 4 days depending on the judge i did 2 days

$80.00 to register and $40 per day

and i think you will be doing 6 months of durg and alchole program cost $1000.00

Well ist offese is not that bad but dude don't ever drink and drive again 2nd dui god it is really bad

mikenshari

Dinpoudel,
Thanks for letting me know what happened to you. Are you in San Diego? My court apperance is in El Cajon since this happened on the 67 in Santee. I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer, as I feel the the CHP did not tell me what I can and can't do, and he did not do some of the things I reading on the web that say the police need to do for DUI's. If I would have known I would have refused the breath tests, I would rather have my licence suspended for a year than have a DUI on my record. Could've, should've, would've..... What is the $80 to register and $40 per day for? Yea, I pretty much quit drinking all together, I was was not really a big fan of getting buzzed anyway. Waht really sucks is when I was to the left in the median of the yellow line with hazard vlinkers flashing, another truck re-ended me on the right rear / side of my car. The CHP SGT. I talked to a day after said since I was being arrested fro DUI that the accident was my fault. I think that's B.S. I was clearly off the road and not in my car, as I was pushing it more to the middle it moved my car about 5 feet. and they think that I did it when I spun out, which is my word against the CHP word, go figure.

Dinpoudel

hey Mine was in sacramento county. And that $80.00 and $40.00 is a fee for work related project for the jail time. IT is a bad thing that someone hit ya from the back BUt that is true that the court will charge that accident as your mistake bCoz of DUI.

I just found this out that yesterday at my dui class coz we had CHP as a Guest Speaker and i asked him the question.

Well Hire an attorney and go for a trail.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">