• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick quiz question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

B) I will assume the agreement is with the offeror's opinion, but don't know. However, there is nothing which would inhibit the offeror walking if this happened.

That is my point. My point is it neither allows or prevents the buyer from claiming his deposit based upon the contingency. While it would allow one to answer yes to B, it does nothing to answer the implied question of: does this affect the ability of the buyer to lay claim to his deposit and scrap the deal? The answer to that is clearly: no.

If you are going to apply these to the situation based only on the question in it's most basic terms, each of the other answers could also be found to be an acceptable answer as well. There are conditions that each of them could be involved in the action where the buyer could claim his deposit yet none of them actually allow the buyer to claim his deposit and cancel the deal.

tranquility

You don't get to not choose any. If you don't fill in the bubble, it counts the same as if you chose the wrong one.

Which bubble will you fill in?

Get a book of multi-state questions. I bet there's some examples on the web. They'll make you crazy if you want the answer to conform to your understanding as they always seem to be missing a fact or two. I assure you, B is the bubble to fill in here. NONE of the others can be correct without wild assumptions they were only unrelated facts. Only B can be and we can make the reasonable assumption the agreement was with the offeror. I explained what would happen if that assumption were not true.

B.

justalayman

I'm not disagreeing with you T and if this were a test, then yes, B would be the answer of choice. If this were a real world situation, I still stand by E being the correct answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">