• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quill Reward points

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jld0617

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello,
A friend of mine was a Admin. Asst. who ordered stuff for the company through quill. When you buy so much from quill you accumalate "quill reward points" which can be used to redeem free stuff through quill.Well they used the reward points for items for themselves without the knowledge or permission of the company and now they are saying that is stealing and now are pressing charges.The items were also shipped to there house.Can they actually do this?

I dont know if this was the right place to post this and administrators please feel free to move to correct forum.Thanks for any help

moburkes

Thsi admin used points that did not belong to them, and then had office supplies shipped to their personal residence without the permission of the employer? Can charges be brought against them? Sure.

jld0617

thanks for the quick reply.now they have been in contact with the employer and they would like the items returned to them if they return the items can charges still be pressed against them?

fairisfair

jld0617 said:
thanks for the quick reply.now they have been in contact with the employer and they would like the items returned to them if they return the items can charges still be pressed against them?
of course.

If I stole your car and then brought it back to you, would I have stolen your car???

moburkes

fairisfair said:
of course.

If I stole your car and then brought it back to you, would I have stolen your car???
But if the car was FREE in the first place, because it was one of those deals where if you buy one, then you get one FREE, so I simply had the car delivered to my HOUSE, then why is is stealing?

However, its the OPs friend that did this, not the OP, so the OP doesn't need to worry.

jld0617

ok now here is another point this also took place about 2 years ago and just now they are finding out about it. Is there some sort of time period (i dont know what the word is) that they can still press charges?

lealea1005

jld0617 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello,
A friend of mine was a Admin. Asst. who ordered stuff for the company through quill. When you buy so much from quill you accumalate "quill reward points" which can be used to redeem free stuff through quill.Well they used the reward points for items for themselves without the knowledge or permission of the company and now they are saying that is stealing and now are pressing charges.The items were also shipped to there house.Can they actually do this?

I dont know if this was the right place to post this and administrators please feel free to move to correct forum.Thanks for any help

Wellllllll...(answering as the owner of a business) if the company's money was used to accumulate the points for "free stuff", than that "free stuff" belongs to the company! It's up to the company's owner to state otherwise. :rolleyes:

lealea1005

jld0617 said:
ok now here is another point this also took place about 2 years ago and just now they are finding out about it. Is there some sort of time period (i dont know what the word is) that they can still press charges?

Again, answering as a business owner, once I learned an employee was stealing from me (the business), regardless of how long ago it was, I'd have some serious concerns over their honesty with other business dealings. I'd probably fire them. Now, of course, if they'd come to me and told me about the accumulating points and free items, I most likely would have been happy to let them do it. It's a matter of honesty. One has to wonder whether items were overstocked or ordered un-necessarily so the points would accumulate faster. Besides nothing is "free" the business or business owner ultimately paid.

Last edited:

moburkes

lealea1005 said:
Again, answering as a business owner, once I learned an employee was stealing from me (the business), regardless of how long ago it was, I'd have some serious concerns over their honesty with other business dealings. I'd probably fire them.
They're asking if the statute of limitations has run out, though.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that it doesn't start until they are made aware of the crime, and since that was recently, they can pursue this AND SHOULD!

lealea1005

moburkes said:
They're asking if the statute of limitations has run out, though.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that it doesn't start until they are made aware of the crime, and since that was recently, they can pursue this AND SHOULD!

I really don't know what the SOL is....but regardless of whether I could prosecute (and believe me I'd try), they'd still be looking for another job!!

moburkes

lealea1005 said:
I really don't know what the SOL is....but regardless of whether I could prosecute (and believe me I'd try), they'd still be looking for another job!!
I'm with you. But, but it doesn't appear that they still work there.

jld0617

that is what i was looking for was statue of limitations.now have you ever took home pens or paper from your company?that is the same as stealing.now i understand what they did was wrong and they could of approched it differently by asking to use them or whatever but i mean it is points they do not use ever.they just let them expire and now that they quit there 2 months ago they are upset about them leaving.But also this person sweated there company colors worked 7 days never took vacations and took abuse from people that worked there.

jld0617

it is my spouse and honestly to tell you the truth there is a ignorant co-worker who harreses her everyday and told i her to file charges or say something about her but she wouldnt for the sake of the company.Now that we relocated she is tring everything in power to start problems.Now it is wrong in a sense to do what she did but again it is like going in the garbage and taking stuff out for that is what they do with these points.

lealea1005

Moburkes.....I just checked and you're right....seems the SOL begins at the point the theft is discovered. Since the employee had the merchandise shipped to their residence instead of the business, that even puts them in deeper doo doo.

To the OP....No, I've never knowlingly removed items of ANY kind from any of my employers...that includes pens/pencils/notepads/EKG clips/bandaids,etc,etc. Guess that's why I expect the same from my own employees, and so far, I've been lucky.

Sorry, but I gotta say it.... regardless of how long they worked or sacrificed for their job, nothing rationalizes stealing/cheating/lies, or the feeling that one is "entitled" to something that doesn't belong to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">