• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quill Reward points

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

I understand what you are saying. The bottom line is that she stole the items. They can choose to use or not use the points. If I was the admin asst, I would have either 1. brought it to my employers attention that they qualified for FREE stuff, and what you redeemed the points for. 2. Simply explained that they are elgible, explain that they've never redeemed them, and ask IF you could redeem them yourself. But I would never assume that its okay.

While the other employee may be instigating, its (obviously) up to the employer as to HOW to handle the situation.

Also, remember that you are on an anonymous forum, so you don't have to post for a "friend". You could have simply asked on behalf of your wife. You appeared to be way to interested in this topic to be an uninterested party.

lealea1005

jld0617 said:
it is my spouse and honestly to tell you the truth there is a ignorant co-worker who harreses her everyday and told i her to file charges or say something about her but she wouldnt for the sake of the company.Now that we relocated she is tring everything in power to start problems.Now it is wrong in a sense to do what she did but again it is like going in the garbage and taking stuff out for that is what they do with these points.
What, exactly was the "free stuff" anyway? Is the co-worker harrassing your spouse about the merchandise? I would encourage your spouse to return the items or pay some kind of restitution because, as especially, since he/she is already gone and the total amount of that free stuff is minimal at best, the employer may not find it worth the trouble to prosecute. Hope things work out.

jld0617

aboustly but i would like this to kind of remain her issue and not lump myself into it.know what i mean.i am just tring to find out all info that would be helpful to her.Now i know what she did was wrong but i mean 2 years later and know this happens what next we used to much toilet paper in the bathrooms during working hours.you are only aloud 3 sheets and we used 5.hahaha

moburkes

Your question was answered. I can only hope that you and your spouse do not teach your children, or anyone else that you have influence over, that it is okay to steal, regardless of the situation or circumstances. Good luck to the spouse.

jld0617

lealea i believe it was a ipod from apple.not that expensive i think they were 40 dollars or something like that.Now she has already agreeded to do that but i just dont want this to turn ugly.i mean if you knew the relationships she had with the owners and that kind of stuff it would look different but stealing is stealing bottom line

jld0617

moburkes dont think i condone of stealing i just found yesterday about thi sso please dont lump me in with her.that is why i kept it anoynoums

lealea1005

jld0617 said:
lealea i believe it was a ipod from apple.not that expensive i think they were 40 dollars or something like that.Now she has already agreeded to do that but i just dont want this to turn ugly.i mean if you knew the relationships she had with the owners and that kind of stuff it would look different but stealing is stealing bottom line

WOW!! you can get iPods from Quill points!!! I'm ordering from the wrong stationery catalog!!!! The best thing I ever got for "free" was a tote bag!! Geez! :D

moburkes

jld0617 said:
moburkes dont think i condone of stealing i just found yesterday about thi sso please dont lump me in with her.that is why i kept it anoynoums
I'm not lumping you in any category. I'm simply saying that you could have said in the original post "My wife did x, and now is in trouble." It sounded very suspicious when you asked about a "friend" and knew a whole lot of details about the situation. To me, you appeared to be lying about the "friend" part, which you were. That's all. Nothing else.

Again, good luck. I hope it works out in the end. I just don't think that anything that you've added in defense of your spouse justifies what she did. It's still stealing, and the statute of limitations has just started. The FACTS haven't changed.

fairisfair

jld0617 said:
an ipod for $40 bucks???? try more like $275+

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

regardless. she stole, free, not free, doesn't matter.

Okay, if I stole the car that you won on the price is right, and then brought it back to you, would I have stolen your car???

lealea1005

fairisfair said:
an ipod for $40 bucks???? try more like $275+

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

regardless. she stole, free, not free, doesn't matter.

Okay, if I stole the car that you won on the price is right, and then brought it back to you, would I have stolen your car???

I'm still thinking about how many gazillion points you need to have enough for an ipod!! I didn't even qualify for the lousy tote bag until I spent $500. :(

ecmst12

There is an additional question of whether the DA would be bothered to prosecute a case like this though, for such a tiny amount of money and all. If all you're worried about is criminal charges. She does of course still have to return the stuff or reimburse the company for it, they can pursue that in civil court.

moburkes

ecmst12 said:
There is an additional question of whether the DA would be bothered to prosecute a case like this though, for such a tiny amount of money and all. If all you're worried about is criminal charges. She does of course still have to return the stuff or reimburse the company for it, they can pursue that in civil court.
You've got a valid point. I can say that here (OH) my dad successfully had someone prosecuted for stealing money when the dollar amount was just a few hundred. Now, like I said, it was straight cash, BUT retail stores prosecute for much less as well. This scenario is a little different, though. So, who really knows?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">