• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-Ended in Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I had not had an accident in over 10 years, but I've been rearended twice in the past 3 days. The first time I was driving the speed limit on a straight road, and someone came up from behind going twice the limit, was talking on a cell, and hit me, breaking the back windshield. No physical injuries. The second time I was at a red light and a truck came up from behind and crunched the rear end of my wife's car. I had no collision on either vehicle. Can I get compensation to pay for the auto damages?


Junior Member

I neglected to mention that I have no comprehensive or collision, only personal injury for both cars. Michigan is a no-fault state and I have what's required by law. I already called my insurance company about the first vehicle and was told that there is nothing I can do, but I have heard that I can at least get an award from the other insurance companies for a maximum $500 for damages, which would not fix the damage but would make a difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential