• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended on highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwgirl73

Virginia- my truck experienced mechanical failure and I hit my hazards and got all the way over to the right and within minutes, I was hit from behind. My insurance has denied all claims by other driver but his insurance is refusing to move on processing my claim and is even trying to say they will deny it! They've been extremely rude and refuse to do anything, stating they need police report yet I have my statement and he gave his and my insurance has done their part. What is going on?

Just Blue

Virginia- my truck experienced mechanical failure and I hit my hazards and got all the way over to the right and within minutes, I was hit from behind. My insurance has denied all claims by other driver but his insurance is refusing to move on processing my claim and is even trying to say they will deny it! They've been extremely rude and refuse to do anything, stating they need police report yet I have my statement and he gave his and my insurance has done their part. What is going on?
Do you have full coverage or just liability?

adjusterjack

What is going on is that his insurance company is not your insurance company and owes you nothing until a court of law says so and says how much.

If his insurance company denies the claim, you either make the claim on your own policy if you have collision coverage or you sue the other driver if you don't.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It sounds to me like they are waiting for a copy of the police report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">