• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended On My Way to Louisville, Ky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am from SC and was going to KY and got rear ended. All traffic was stop and a lady was on her phone.
I had to go to Baptist Health Urgent Care in Louisville. I felt like i was about to throw up, my back was hurting and had whimp lash.
The lady was at fault. Her insurance is Metlife.

From The Doctor Report
Doctor Bill Maybe 500.00 ( My Insurance paid)
1. Mild Conussion Had for 8 days
2.Whip Lash (sore for 5-8 days
3.Trapezius Strained 5 days
4.Ibuprofen 400. $15.00 (I paid)
5.Got Heating pad 46.00 (I paid)
6. I missed two days of work.
7. Car Damage 1,415 this is from the dealer just looking at it. Could be more damage under.

In Order From Metlife (Letters)
1. Metlife wants Medical Authorization and Authoriaztion for Wages Information (Letter).
2. A call from Metlife Agent David-
1. I got the report from the dealer today.
2. We think this is a low impact accident
3. Are you done with treatment.
4. Letter from Metlfie in the mail today.
Why we’re contacting you - Part of our obligation as an insurer is to fully investigate because you are making a claim.
What you need to know - Considering the minor damage to the vehicle we don’t fully understand the nature of alleged injuries.The enclosed photograph copy of the vehicle shows little or no damage. After our investigation has been completed. I will be able to consider your claim.

From MetLife we would like to settle with you - They Didn’t make any offers.

I need your help PLEASE-
1. They will have to fit my car
2. What is a good settlement?
3. I have never been in a car accident and not should what to do (HELP)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Is your medical treatment really finished? Your post is somewhat confusing.

You can't talk about a settlement for your injuries until your treatment is over and done with.

$1400 is not much damage to your car by the way. If you only missed one day of work it would seem as though your injuries are relatively minor.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
1. Yes, they should pay to fix your car if the other party was at fault.
2. A good settlement covers, in addition to the cost of repairs, your medical costs - both those incurred and future costs, if any. I say future costs, because it is unclear from your post if you have completed treatment and will make a full recovery. There are cases where even low speed accidents can cause long term problems.
3. It sounds like you've made a start in the right direction. Continue the healing process and continue to document everything thoroughly.

1. Yes, they should pay to fix your car if the other party was at fault.
2. A good settlement covers, in addition to the cost of repairs, your medical costs - both those incurred and future costs, if any. I say future costs, because it is unclear from your post if you have completed treatment and will make a full recovery. There are cases where even low speed accidents can cause long term problems.
3. It sounds like you've made a start in the right direction. Continue the healing process and continue to document everything thoroughly.
Treatment is done

adjusterjack

Treatment is done
Are you fully recovered? No more aches and pains?

If yes, then you have a small claim that's not worth much money. Several years ago I got rear ended with about $1800 worth of damage to my truck, about $800 in medical bills, several visits to physical therapy, pain pills and muscle relaxers, aches and pains for about a month and I got $2500 for my injury plus the repairs to my truck. Another time I got rear ended, minor damage to the rear bumper, about $200 worth, a week or so of minor discomfort, $10 worth of Ibuprofen and I got $700 for the injury plus a new bumper.

My guess is that your claim is worth between $1000 and $3000 depending on how you sell it. Certainly not enough to be worth a lawyer's time though you could talk to one if you like.

If you want to handle it yourself, google "personal injury demand letter" and get an idea on how to write one. Don't wait for the insurance company to make an offer, it'll be lowball.

Be sure to include the bill that your insurance covered as your insurance may have a right of reimbursement. Read your medical policy to find out.

Are you fully recovered? No more aches and pains?

If yes, then you have a small claim that's not worth much money. Several years ago I got rear ended with about $1800 worth of damage to my truck, about $800 in medical bills, several visits to physical therapy, pain pills and muscle relaxers, aches and pains for about a month and I got $2500 for my injury plus the repairs to my truck. Another time I got rear ended, minor damage to the rear bumper, about $200 worth, a week or so of minor discomfort, $10 worth of Ibuprofen and I got $700 for the injury plus a new bumper.

My guess is that your claim is worth between $1000 and $3000 depending on how you sell it. Certainly not enough to be worth a lawyer's time though you could talk to one if you like.

If you want to handle it yourself, google "personal injury demand letter" and get an idea on how to write one. Don't wait for the insurance company to make an offer, it'll be lowball.

Be sure to include the bill that your insurance covered as your insurance may have a right of reimbursement. Read your medical policy to find out.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">