• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reasonable amount of time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

First off I don't know a lot about the legal system. I am trying to purchase a pizza business and the owners live 1500 miles away. The equipment, phone number, employees only. It has been doing bad some years now so I don't want to use their name and find skeletons in the closet. So I hired a lawyer to handle all the legal aspects of starting a corporation. For the most part the forming of Corp., Assume name, Bill of sale and check any UCC filings. My problem is that I cannot get her to return a call to mein a reasonable amount of time to start the sell. I need the sale to go thru towards the end of the month. In my opinion the sellers want to sell toward the end of the month. Where as they don't pay the last months rent and have their security deposit pay for the unpaid month. It's not right but renters do that.

I hired my lawyer in the middle of March and she wanted to do all paperwork thru Fed Ex overnight. Where sellers, 3-4 day is the fastest service possible. I couldn't get hold of her the last full week of March to start the sale process so the sellers backed out. The seller agreed again to sell two weeks later. couldn't get hold of her for the last week and half of April? Now it is May and I hope the sellers don't back out again...I can't afford to wait till next month....It's been 2 weeks since I been trying to get hold of my lawyer and ...no return call??? I want to send a Certified letter to her about her not returning a call and if she can EXPEDITE sale. but am kinda stand off-ish to because she's a lawyer and will probably pick it all apart and be defensive. I would be forced to make the letter as short as possible. Is writing "can you close the sale within 48 hours of this letter" good enough content? Se has really put me in a bad situation by not returning my calls within a reasonable amount of time. Makes me look bad! Please help!

BTW: I am at the point that I will do this myself but the few UCC filing they have out are not very detailed and I dont want anybody coming and getting the sold equipment because of default loan payment that may be out there. Is there a way I can check on the details of the loan in the filing without the details being actually listed in the filing? Sellers do have other businesses.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">