• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

received 3 tickets at once - need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluesky1

Last week in Florida I received 3 tickets at the same time - "improper left turn," "fail to display veh reg," and "operating non-cmv not properly insured proof of ins required."

It happened when I turned left on green light in front of a police. I was stopped and issued tickets. The police was very angry, saying I will receive all the tickets. I was panic and could not find my car registration. I submitted my insurance which I believe is valid. I have valid car registration but did not bring it with me that day.

Can you please provide some suggestions? Thanks for your help!

FlyingRon

Find the registration card, find your insurance card (or other proof that you were insured at the time) and go to court. You may get some consideration. Better to say you just couldn't find it than to say you failed to actually have one.

Next time:

1. YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC WHEN TURNING LEFT.
2. Have your insurance card and registration current and stored where it is readily retrievabel.

Bluesky1

Thank you very much FlyingRon!

Even if I ultimately plea guilty, I still need go to court? In FL, to go to court means a person pleas not guilty.

Find the registration card, find your insurance card (or other proof that you were insured at the time) and go to court. You may get some consideration. Better to say you just couldn't find it than to say you failed to actually have one.

Next time:

1. YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC WHEN TURNING LEFT.
2. Have your insurance card and registration current and stored where it is readily retrievabel.

Bluesky1

Hello, I came back for the same case. I have the following questions:

1. I went to the pre-trial. "improper left turn," "fail to display veh reg," are dismissed, so I don't need to do anything else, right?

1. "improper left turn" were set for trial. The judge of the pre-trial says my record is not good after check my record if the past two years. How should I prepare for this trial? what's the possible result?

Thanks.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
1. I went to the pre-trial. "improper left turn," "fail to display veh reg," are dismissed, so I don't need to do anything else, right?
Uh, right.

1. "improper left turn" were set for trial. The judge of the pre-trial says my record is not good after check my record if the past two years. How should I prepare for this trial? what's the possible result?
Possible result? Guilty or not guilty.

How do you prepare? Seems like you aren't capable of what's needed. You should consider hiring an attorney.

CdwJava

Hello, I came back for the same case. I have the following questions:

Thanks.
You wrote that "improper left turn" was dismissed? Then, you write that you are going to trial for that offense???

Which one are you going to trial on?

Bluesky1

"improper left turn" were set for trial. So I will go to the court for "improper left turn." What should I prepare?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">