• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received Approval Notice for I130 but can't apply for adjustment of status...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY

Just received Approval Notice for I130 (Unmarried child 21 / older of permanent resident, 203 (a) (2) (B) INA). Notice stated that I am not eligible to file an adjustment of status application and have to return to my home country for visa processing because this petition was filed on November 19, 2003.

I can't return to my home country for visa processing because I have overstayed here for more than 10 years and will not be allowed entry into U.S. for 10 years. (I assumed)

Is there any other alternative ways to over come this problem? Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential