• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received Damaged Furniture: Applicable Consumer Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

Just what relevant " Consumer Law " are you seeking ?

Hoping someone on a forum will come up with one on which supports your story ?

Sorry , you won't get a specific answer here.

What you can do is try and negotiate. If you are not satisfied ,take it to court and hope the court believes you and your witness.

And you mean to tell us that after noticing the breakage , you did not inspect and take pictures of the damaged ,crinkled/wrinkle corner of the shipping box ( but did of the damaged item)? You just tore the boxes open like a kid on X-mas day?

seanpaul

Just what relevant " Consumer Law " are you seeking ?

Hoping someone on a forum will come up with one on which supports your story ?

Sorry , you won't get a specific answer here.

What you can do is try and negotiate. If you are not satisfied ,take it to court and hope the court believes you and your witness.

And you mean to tell us that after noticing the breakage , you did not inspect and take pictures of the damaged ,crinkled/wrinkle corner of the shipping box ( but did of the damaged item)? You just tore the boxes open like a kid on X-mas day?
Im not sure why its so hard to understand. Yes, I ripped the box off. It was the last piece in a rather large extensive set, me and my brother were exausted. No, I did not take pictures of the box. It did not occur to me. Im sure everyone else is perfect and thinks of every single thing before it happens, but that is not me.

You are correct, there are no answers here. I really didnt expect trolling on consumer law sub. Pathetic.

TigerD: Oh yes, im sure you do. Have fun with your knowledge. You've already demonstrated your only here to aggravate others. Have fun trolling other people in poor situations, and im sure that makes you feel really good about yourself. Sleep well.

justalayman

seanpaul;3305399]Im not sure why its so hard to understand. Yes, I ripped the box off.
I think BL is probably amazed you did something so stupid. You probably destroyed your only support to seek compensation for the damages.

It was the last piece in a rather large extensive set, me and my brother were exausted. No, I did not take pictures of the box. It did not occur to me
. Im sure everyone else is perfect and thinks of every single thing before it happens, but that is not me.
then I suspect you will get to live with your deficiencies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">