• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received overpayment notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyesfocus

I agree. These aren't excuses....I was just giving you the whole story. And I just came for some answers on the whole process because I know next to nothing. Not to excuse my poor judgment. I did wrong and I want to pay back the money I owe....I just didn't want to do jail time which, as you said, won't happen.

Thank you.

swalsh411

You haven't answered the question as to whether or not you intended to pay for the food later and whether or not you were caught in the break room with the food or hours later. If you can truthfully state that you needed something to eat right that second in order to get your blood sugar until control and you were going to pay for it right away then I think you have a chance at winning your appeal.

justalayman

It happened one time. The total taken equaled up to MAYBE $4 total. It didn't leave the store, was only taken to the breakroom. My blood sugar was acting up and I wasn't allowed to leave the area until someone else was there for coverage. It was getting to the point to where if I didn't get back there ASAP, or so it felt, that I would have fainted. And I've been with the company for over a year but I JUST transferred to this new store because of commute.

The next week after I was terminated, I sent in money.....$20 or so, to own up to it even though it didn't leave the store. But I was remorseful. And they never sent it back so they must have accepted it.
why didn't you pay for it after your sugar normalized or at least prior to leaving for the day? If you had done that you could argue some level of medical urgency but failing to pay for it until after you were terminated makes it blatant theft.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">