• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received w2 as a part of lawsuit settlement and same amount as 1099-misc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
A tax pro is someone who did a two week training at H&R block and is not a CPA. Elderly lady needs a CPA. Not a cut rate low class tax pro.
No, a tax pro is not “someone who did a two week training at H&R Block.” I addressed who is a tax pro earlier in this thread. Your dispargement of the occupation is no more appropriate than those who disparage attorneys, and my guess is that you don’t like those who disparage attorneys. I would hope you could do better than this.

LdiJ

No, a tax pro is not “someone who did a two week training at H&R Block.” I addressed who is a tax pro earlier in this thread. Your dispargement of the occupation is no more appropriate than those who disparage attorneys, and my guess is that you don’t like those who disparage attorneys. I would hope you could do better than this.
Even some of those people who initially did a two week course at H&R Block 40 years ago but have done 1000's of hours of continuing ed since, run circles around some EAs and CPAs. We had a woman retire from our firm a few years back who practically had the tax code memorized. She was our "go to" person when we were stumped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">