• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relative tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maureenmkh

My brother and wife live in my mothers two family house.
The wife is fighting for custody of the children, and still contiues to live in the house. She has brought home a new car and never asked permission to park it in the driveway.it is registered in her name only. Now she is placing demands for my mother to leave her keys so she can move my moms car to get her new one in and out of the driveway. Does my mother have the legal right to tell her she cannot park in the driveway even though she is still married to my brother? or can she place demands herself- such as what times the car must be out of the driveway?
Thankyou

D

djdj

If she has no lease, welllll give her a 30 day notice to vacate the apartment. and have your brother live there.

Its your mothers house she owns it she paid for it she can tell the TENANT... which the wife is a TENANT what and where to park and if the TENANT doesnt like it she can MOVE OUT!

What your brother must do is to talk to his lawyer about evicting the wife since they probably have no lease, and that the children stay in that house, maybe give temorary custody to your mom and then let them fight over custody in to the courts and not in front of the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">