• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relinquish rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sorry...eme said:
so how did *daddy* go from wanting 50/50 to relinquishing rights so fast.....could it be that YOU are having problems with him paying (literaly) for his indiscressions (sp?)

I think the best advice you have recieved is to get divorced

it is important to keep in mind though your child will have a sibling and it would be horribly unfair to make the chilren pay for the mistakes of the adults
OP is really pretty, don't you think eme? ;)

ceara19

nneedofanswers2 said:
I'm being very mature about this situation but the issue has nothing to do with the child it's the mother. This was done for financial gain. Being in the childs life comes with a big big price tag and deceit should never be rewarded. Not getting into all the specifics it may sound cut and dry but it is far from that. Trapping someone for the bettering of your life and caring less about my child doesn't warrant my sympathy or my maturity. If this child wasn't a pawn for money things would definitely be different.
Lets assume that the claims that you are making are true, what would this situation have to do with YOU? YOU are neither the mother or the assumed father of the potential child in question, therefore YOU do not get a vote.

nneedofanswers2 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
I'm married and my husband cheated and has potentally father a child. He agreed to relinquish all rights so that our family may move on because i refuse to deal with it. How does he go about doing that? Upon doing that will he be required to still pay child support?
I think the two of them deserve each other, sans children.

he wants to sign away b/c

You Don't Want To Deal With It?
thats kind of crappy. doesn't it seem like he and the young lady he slept with should make that decision? i mean, i hear you that he cheated. but i know my ole man wouldnt want to have 1 of his own runnin the streets just because i don't want to deal with it...also, i think most of us realize you can't PLAN to have a child with a specific person...that's coming from my own opinion...my husband and i have been trying to have a child for a loong time, so i don't think you can say she got pregnant for her own gain...besides, your husbands a grown man, he knows how to protect himself. i say that as bad as it sounds, this is something(the other child and mother)that's really none of your business. it's your business that he cheated, but personally i think your involvement stops there.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">