• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation Distance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to follow 3109.051(G) for relocation. That statute requires you give notice to the parent and court 60 days ahead of your move. The notice is done in writing and filed in the court and served upon the other party. This notice must be filed anytime your address changes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How is it that you're the custodial parent in this thread, but in your other thread you haven't even started the divorce process yet?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/divorce-lawyer-611100.html

LdiJ

How is it that you're the custodial parent in this thread, but in your other thread you haven't even started the divorce process yet?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/divorce-lawyer-611100.html
Second marriage?

David Hutchings

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello,

I have been unable to find the law that would state what distance a custodial parent is allowed to relocate in Ohio. Can anyone please help?

If I am relocating 13 miles away and my ex does not want me to, can the court deny me?

Thanks!
13 miles is really not a distance to worry about unless you cross state lines, most states allow a relocation distance of about 60-100 miles without consent of the other parent unless stated otherwise in the divorce decree. Good luck.

Silverplum

13 miles is really not a distance to worry about unless you cross state lines,
Stated repeatedly in this thread. You've added nothing new.

David Hutchings said:
most states allow a relocation distance of about 60-100 miles without consent of the other parent unless stated otherwise in the divorce decree. Good luck.
I say you're full of it.

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">