• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reluctance to file for CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? Maryland

My lawyer seems reluctant to file for child support. My ex got out of prison on 11/2004. She says she's not working. I have no way to know if that is true or not. My ex has filed for modification of visitation/custody ( I have sole custody now). I have been supporting my kids alone while she was in prison. Would there be any good reason why I should NOT file for child support? Is there some type or posturing that could be going on that I'm not tuned into? Thanks!


Senior Member
My personal opinion is that you need to file. If she isn't woriking, then she needs to be. She should share in the costs or raising the child. When she filed for modification of custody what is she asking for ? visitatio? or physical?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential