• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removed from trust?????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fordandm

What is the name of your state?CA my older sister removed my younger sister and i from our parents living trust after my mother died and my father
who had alzheimers had been declared incompetant. is this legal?

S

seniorjudge

I am not sure what you mean by "removed" but your mother and father MAY have given sis that power in the trust.

You need to consult the terms of the trust; that's what you must go by.

fordandm

no permisson give

my mother had listed my 2 siblings and my self
she had not changed this at the time of her death
my father would have been unable to communicate any kind of legal change because of his advanced alzheimers

BlondiePB

fordandm said:
my mother had listed my 2 siblings and my self
she had not changed this at the time of her death
my father would have been unable to communicate any kind of legal change because of his advanced alzheimers
What matters is just what seniorjudge said, it all depends on the terms of the trust and the powers granted to the trustee. As a beneficiary, you are entitled to an annual accounting of the trust only. For your code question on your other post, that code is available under CA probate statutes on line. You can look it up. Perhaps you need to consult a trust attorney. We certainly cannot obtain a copy of the trust for you here in cyberspace.

S

seniorjudge

"Did you notice that the gal that posted this new term removed her thread?"

The nerve!

The absolute nerve!

BlondiePB

seniorjudge said:
"Did you notice that the gal that posted this new term removed her thread?"

The nerve!

The absolute nerve!
Yeah, the nerve. She even had the nerve to report the thread to Mary. I didn't think we were being naughty to that squibbling.

S

seniorjudge

I am NOT talking to this poster (there's a legit gripe here), but people get on here with the weirdest stuff and expect us to all crowd around them, pat them on the back, and say, "Yep, poor baby, anything you want is okay wif us legal types!"

fordandm

to senior judge (wanna be)

so sorry i double posted i was having computer troubles please do not waste your preciouse wanna be judge hours on me any longer

fordandm

to seniorjudge

BlondiePB said:
Yes, squibblings.:D :D Don't you just love that new word?

Did you notice that the gal that posted this new term removed her thread?

do not pat your self on the back review your own spelling what is "wif"

Dandy Don

Was older sister also the trustee?

You need to consult a local trust attorney to get this straightened out. Did you see a copy of the trust that previously named you and your younger sister as beneficiaries?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

fordandm

trust copy

yes i have a copy of the trust with us on it as well as a letter from the doc. that declared my father in comptant

fordandm

yes

yes she was on it as well (5 siblings ) total and 3 of us were on it however my younger sister just passed away so that leaves my self and the older sister

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">