• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a Partner From Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I have an S-Corp in Minnesota. My partner has 20% of the stock, I have 80%. He doesn't have time to devote to the company.

1) What do I need to file with the state, fedgov, bank to get his name removed?
2) What's the procedure for him to surrender his shares?

Or would it be easier to dissolve the corporation and re-register (if that's even possible)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential