• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

Even if he might believe he has no duty to pay taxes, follow laws enacted by those not possessing the power to enforce them against him, a free person. Perhaps?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
While you may think that your friend is not a danger to you, your mother was able to convince a judge that he possibly is.

If this was ex parte - an emergency hearing where only your side appeared petitioning, then the order is temporary. Your friend will have a chance very soon (as will you) to show up at court again, tell his side, and either the order will be extended to a final order (lasting longer) or dropped.

If your friend was also present at court, then that would have been the time for his side of the situation to come out. I have to be blunt: if your friend also was at court, then perhaps one of the reasons for you have conservators is that you lack the ability to protect yourself from bad people, or even recognize a bad person. Perhaps you are very bad at social cues, and lack the instinct to back away from dangerous situations.

I realize you are sad and miss your "friend". I am suggesting that although you seem to be reasonably articulate that you are not seeing the reality of your situation...

latigo

I am 32, and I have a conservator because I been told that I can't take care of finances and can't make good decisions.
Regardless of what you were told, on the strength of clear and convincing evidence, including that of an examining physician, in ordering the appointment of the co-conservators, the probate court found that you are incapable of making informed, rational decisions in managing your personal affairs. And this might just be an example.

The status of the appointment is to be reviewed annually. So if you feel it is unneeded and wish to have it terminated, then consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">