• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renting without Licencse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

There are some places that do not issue a fine , they send a letter with application and tell the LL to get it done , if LL still refuses then some cities have a fine , some just go and use inspections to order the tenants out.

There are some places that do not issue a fine , they send a letter with application and tell the LL to get it done , if LL still refuses then some cities have a fine , some just go and use inspections to order the tenants out.
The property is in Trenton NJ

Gail in Georgia

New Jersey tends to be a VERY tenant friendly state. Landlords who own rental property in that state need to be aware of the statutes regarding rental properties before they enter this field:

http://www.gardenstateapartments.com/articles/landlord_registration_act.php

court

I just received court papers to go to court for housing inspections. I live out of state now. Do I have to go to court or perhaps. Work out an arrangemnet with housing as to why I failed inspection and not yet completed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just received court papers to go to court for housing inspections. I live out of state now. Do I have to go to court or perhaps. Work out an arrangemnet with housing as to why I failed inspection and not yet completed.
You just received papers ordering you to go to court...you should show up or contact an attorney (even better, do both.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">