• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repaying relocation expense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwood99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina (relocated from Texas)
In june of this year I accepted a lump sum payment for relocating from texas to south carolina. The letter I signed accepting the position said how much the pay would be and how much the lump sum relocation expense would be - along with what the start date for the new position would be - but it said nothing about repaying the relocation payment. However, the company policy on relocation does say that the entire amount has to be re-paid if the employee resigns voluntarily within 12 months of the relocation.
Is this policy something the comany can enforce?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You'll need to ask a South Carolina attorney who has read the agreement in full.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">