• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation and Liability for a Company Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The keys were left with someone I know and trust....
Do you know how many times I have have heard similar remarks, here and elsewhere, from people who were trying to extricate themselves from the trouble they were in after doing something similar?

Jager

Do you know how many times I have have heard similar remarks, here and elsewhere, from people who were trying to extricate themselves from the trouble they were in after doing something similar?
Well Ace, the car was picked up with no issues. Guess your pessimism was a waste of time... :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't understand that apparent attempt at gloating. You were the one who started the pessimism, so I guess it was actually YOUR pessimism that was the waste of time.

I, too, am glad that it ended well for you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The fact that the car was picked up with no issues does not mean that the various responders were wrong in what they told you. It ended well, yes, and that's good, But that does not change the fact that many things could have happened to go wrong and that you would have been liable if they had.

quincy

The fact that the car was picked up with no issues does not mean that the various responders were wrong in what they told you. It ended well, yes, and that's good, But that does not change the fact that many things could have happened to go wrong and that you would have been liable if they had.
Right. Nothing we said was wrong and our cautions were not misplaced. Jager could have had his situation turn out much differently.

But, fortunately for Jager, the friend he left his car with was an honorable sort and the car was not the target of thieves. So ... good news for him. I hope he enjoys his new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">