• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Response to motion to modify

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri (ncp) Kentucky (cp) California (original order)

Missouri courts registered the out of state order to enforce at Kentucky's request. This was started in 7/16, finally registered after ex's attorney kept dragging it out in 6/17. Last month ex's attorney filed a motion to modify child support in accordance with Missouri standards as well as to vacate the arrears because I filed false documentation on how much child support ncp has paid over the years.

I need to file a response according to the documentation, by 8/25. I received the motion on 8/26. Tracking information shows that the attorney did not mail it until 8/24. So no matter what, it will be late. My understanding is that for ncp to request modification, he would have to request it from Kentucky. Which he did and they turned it down.

I have found Missouri's form CAFC111. #9 says: "I admit as true everything the other party stated in his or her motion to modify child custody and incorporate all of those allegations herein except the following. There are 11 bullet points, the only ones I agree with are the factual ones. The addresses and the children involved. Can I just put there that they have filed with the wrong jurisdiction or should I prepare a lengthy response?

Also, ncp's attorney sent this with a form to acknowledge that I received the summons. Included on that form at the end it says, "I declare, under penalty of filing a false affidavit, that this Notice of Acknowledgement of Receipt of Summons and Petition was mailed on August 1, 2017. It was not. I don't think I should sign and return it. Should I?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">