• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restoring civil rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was convicted of a felony 20 years ago and would like to restore my civil rights.
What is the process?
Do I really need a lawyer to do this?



i am a recent law school graduate awaiting bar results. what i am giving you is guidance and is not to be construed as forming an atty-client relationship.

what i think you need to do is go through a process called an expungement. to do this, see if you have your old records, coviction papers, etc.

contact a criminal atty in your area at attorneypages.com. some offer free consultations. you still have your civil rights, but because of your past criminal history, you may be looking at a harder time in getting a new job, etc.

hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential