• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I do not even know if this is possible, but I'm a little concerned about what is transpiring. Please forgive me if this seems far fetched.

Long story short, I have 4 children (2 still underage) with my ex. There were issues in our marriage;, physical, psychological, emotional, etc. primarily due to PTSD and TBI suffered in a vehicle accident in the military. Ex re-married, his wife left him over a year ago due to similar issues but from the sounds of it worse to the point of he has been stalking her, showing up at her work, threats, etc. Finally after much prompting from her family she filed for a restraining order and it was granted and he is being served today with it. I'm not sure if it was emergency or if it covers the kids, but she did say that the judge that issued it was the same judge that is overseeing her divorce case.

He has not made threats against me in 2 years, last time he threatened me was when I went to child support enforcement to enforce the order put in place 10 years ago. I'm worried about his reaction to the restraining order from his current wife. Can I do anything to protect myself and children?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I do not even know if this is possible, but I'm a little concerned about what is transpiring. Please forgive me if this seems far fetched.

Long story short, I have 4 children (2 still underage) with my ex. There were issues in our marriage;, physical, psychological, emotional, etc. primarily due to PTSD and TBI suffered in a vehicle accident in the military. Ex re-married, his wife left him over a year ago due to similar issues but from the sounds of it worse to the point of he has been stalking her, showing up at her work, threats, etc. Finally after much prompting from her family she filed for a restraining order and it was granted and he is being served today with it. I'm not sure if it was emergency or if it covers the kids, but she did say that the judge that issued it was the same judge that is overseeing her divorce case.

He has not made threats against me in 2 years, last time he threatened me was when I went to child support enforcement to enforce the order put in place 10 years ago. I'm worried about his reaction to the restraining order from his current wife. Can I do anything to protect myself and children?
If he hasn't made a threat in 2 years there really is nothing you can do at this point in time other than keep your doors locked and do not engage with him at all. How old are your 2 children who are still minors?

If he hasn't made a threat in 2 years there really is nothing you can do at this point in time other than keep your doors locked and do not engage with him at all. How old are your 2 children who are still minors?
The minors are 13 and 16, 18 is living at home going to college, 20 yo is on his own.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
On the other hand, we don't actually know if he needs to calm down. There's no indication of how the RO has affected him.

LdiJ

On the other hand, we don't actually know if he needs to calm down. There's no indication of how the RO has affected him.
Only because there has been no time to find out. Its a pretty fair guess however that he is going to be angry.

Why were the children given a choice NOT to see their father?
Because he was abusive to them. The day before their father filed for divorce he tried to hit the oldest son's head against the wall.

He's now going for primary custody of his children with her. She is asking me to testify against him.

LdiJ

Because he was abusive to them. The day before their father filed for divorce he tried to hit the oldest son's head against the wall.

He's now going for primary custody of his children with her. She is asking me to testify against him
That certainly will make him mad. However, it might be the right thing to do anyway.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

He's now going for primary custody of his children with her. She is asking me to testify against him.
Is there a court order for visitation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">