• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocation Of Current Power Of Attorney

• Thread starter nataliemcadams@
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nataliemcadams@

What is the name of your state? ALABAMA

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THE CURRENT POWER OF ATTORNEY IN ORDER TO DO A REVOCATION OF IT, OR ANY PREVIOUS POWER OF ATTORNEYS. HOW DO I REVOKE A POWER OF ATTORNEY THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPERATION DATE?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nataliemcadams@ said:
What is the name of your state? ALABAMA

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THE CURRENT POWER OF ATTORNEY IN ORDER TO DO A REVOCATION OF IT, OR ANY PREVIOUS POWER OF ATTORNEYS. HOW DO I REVOKE A POWER OF ATTORNEY THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPERATION DATE?

My response:

". . . and use lower case letters."

IAAL

Dandy Don

No you don't have to have a copy of it. The main thing you are concerned about is cancelling the POA's authority--as long as you mention that person by name. Expiration date doesn't apply--the revocation takes care of that. How many power of attorneys have you issued?

N

nataliemcadams@

I currently have 2 that I have issues over the past 5 year.
Thanks for your answer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">