• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to bear arms questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I do not believe Colt produced a .40 Cal 1911 in the WWII era. In fact, I don't think they have ever produced a .40 cal model 1911.

I wish to purchase a .40 colt M1911 WWII issue hand gun

choso

never believe what people tell you who have a financial interest in the decision
military officers and NCO's are duty bound to lead by example, as deceiving people is not leading by example, logically one must assume that they are telling the truth. I do understand its probably just something they told me or that it is what they believed because they them self did not understand how it all worked.

Proseguru

military officers and NCO's are duty bound to lead by example, as deceiving people is not leading by example, logically one must assume that they are telling the truth. I do understand its probably just something they told me or that it is what they believed because they them self did not understand how it all worked.
My experience in the military showed that NCOs and officers just try to cover their own butts. And if they were, they should have told you "I don't know". Which viewpoint is correct .. who knows.

justalayman

There are several manufacturers who make a 1911 in .40 S&W.

Now I miss selling my 1911 :(

He said Colt M1911 (as in the one everybody copies). I do not believe Colt has ever made a .40 cal M1911 series. I am sure they did not in WWII.

and yes, I know, it doesn't make any difference. I'm just being picky.

choso

just so to get every body back on topic, it looks like i apply to the burrow of firearms alcohol and Tabaco, they have not responded to my emails yet so I will just have to call.

PeterK01

Appeal the denial

Looks like you need that NICS transaction number to see why you were denied.

I would try again at another gun store and get the number this time.

There are many reasons why you could have been denied. Possible your name is very close to someone elses that is prohibited.

Make sure to use you social security number next time to avoid any confusion.

FBI — NICS Appeals Brochure - In English

CdwJava

Looks like you need that NICS transaction number to see why you were denied.

I would try again at another gun store and get the number this time.

There are many reasons why you could have been denied. Possible your name is very close to someone elses that is prohibited.

Make sure to use you social security number next time to avoid any confusion.

FBI — NICS Appeals Brochure - In English
Attempting to buy a weapon if you know you are prohibited can be a crime. Trying again may not be the best advice. He can obtain the information without risking jail to do it.

slwslw

just so to get every body back on topic, it looks like i apply to the burrow of firearms alcohol and Tabaco, they have not responded to my emails yet so I will just have to call.
I don't know why you'd apply to the BATF unless you're trying to buy a machine gun or silencer, or applying for an FFL dealers license.

The BATF are the guys who kick your door down in the middle of the night and drag you out of your house by your toes, if you violate federal gun laws.

It's the FBI in West Virginia who you deal with to get a gun purchase approval, except in some states like Tennessee where you deal with the state TBI instead of the FBI.

Fill out another form 4473, if you can answer the questions truthfully and let them reject you again, then file an appeal.

They just had a case in Georgia where a convicted felon was allowed by the FBI to make a gun purchase, because his civil rights had been restored. A few years later the FBI denied him another gun purchase, regardless of his civil rights being restored. He sued and the FBI immediately changes their decision, allowing him to make the purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">