• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to Enter Family Home a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rob Linck

What is the name of your state? PA
If a Spouse moves out and rents another residence, how long can they continue to return to gather their things and can they come back into the house without notice or without me there?
The house is titled in both names but I am still residing in the home. Does joint title give the spouse who left the right to enter or use the property even though they don't live there anymore?
When can I refuse entry, change the locks and protect what may be left after her initial move out? How long does she have to get what she wants?
Any and all information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks.
Rob
from PA

LdiJ

Rob Linck said:
What is the name of your state? PA
If a Spouse moves out and rents another residence, how long can they continue to return to gather their things and can they come back into the house without notice or without me there?
The house is titled in both names but I am still residing in the home. Does joint title give the spouse who left the right to enter or use the property even though they don't live there anymore?
When can I refuse entry, change the locks and protect what may be left after her initial move out? How long does she have to get what she wants?
Any and all information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks.
Rob
from PA
She has the right to enter the property as long as she is an owner of the property (or until a judge orders that she can no longer enter the property). The sooner you refinance and buy her out, the sooner you can keep her out of the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">