• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rofr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okiesooner

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I have searched on this site and there seems to some differing opionions.

My ex has custody and I have visitation we live about 10 hours apart andI am in the military. My attorney explained that when the kids are with her she can make their decisions and when they are with me I make the decisions regarding them. If either of us don't like the others decision we have to take it to court.

She leaves our kids with her parents and their step fathrer frequently. Mostly while she is at work....have no problem with this....its certainly understandable. She has however sent the kids off with her parents for a week at a time when I have asked to have that time. Talked to my attorney and he said that the judge would likely say the kids have the right to see their grandparetns on her time. Ok, I get that.

Well I had our kids for visitation during the summer I had to go TDY for 1 week and the kids were left with my wife (Step mother) and they spent a weekend of that week with my parents their other grandparents.

She flipped out and showed up with the cops demanding for my wife to hand the kids over to her (kids were at grandparents...thank god). My wife was shocked. She handed the court order tho the police officer along with the notice I sent her to take my visiation. They went over it shrugged and told my ex to take it up in court.

There is NO RIGHT OF FORST REFUSAL in our order. It makes no mention at all for third parties caring for the kids. NOTHING.

She is telling me she wont allow for me to leave the kids in anyone else's care while I am working, but she does it.

Any advice?What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
okiesooner said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I have searched on this site and there seems to some differing opionions.

My ex has custody and I have visitation we live about 10 hours apart andI am in the military. My attorney explained that when the kids are with her she can make their decisions and when they are with me I make the decisions regarding them. If either of us don't like the others decision we have to take it to court.

She leaves our kids with her parents and their step fathrer frequently. Mostly while she is at work....have no problem with this....its certainly understandable. She has however sent the kids off with her parents for a week at a time when I have asked to have that time. Talked to my attorney and he said that the judge would likely say the kids have the right to see their grandparetns on her time. Ok, I get that.

Well I had our kids for visitation during the summer I had to go TDY for 1 week and the kids were left with my wife (Step mother) and they spent a weekend of that week with my parents their other grandparents.

She flipped out and showed up with the cops demanding for my wife to hand the kids over to her (kids were at grandparents...thank god). My wife was shocked. She handed the court order tho the police officer along with the notice I sent her to take my visiation. They went over it shrugged and told my ex to take it up in court.

There is NO RIGHT OF FORST REFUSAL in our order. It makes no mention at all for third parties caring for the kids. NOTHING.

She is telling me she wont allow for me to leave the kids in anyone else's care while I am working, but she does it.

Any advice?What is the name of your state?

Have your attorney write her attorney a nice little note explaining your rights when you have the kids and to pass the information on to her so that she doesn't make a full of herself. She would be told by the court that she can't dictate who the kids are with when they are on your time.

NotSoNew

she is wrong and has NO standing here. she cannot tell you what to do on your time and you cannot tell her what to do on hers.

My husband just went to court with his ex regarding custody of his daughter. EOW, my step-daughter is FORCED by her mom to go to her soon to be ex-step-father's house, so CP can get time with her B/F. We have requested to CP that his daughter not go there, as she told us she doesn't want to, but, she is still made to go there. We brought it up with our attorney, who informed us that CP can send her to anyone she wants, and that my husband would not have to have his daughter in her care at all times. So, I wouldn't fret to much about her freaking out on your wife. Have your attorney contact her attorney. This can be settled out of court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">