• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scheduling Appointments and Activities during my visitation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

Get the child's entire monthly schedule in advance and see if what is scheduled on your time can be moved to be more convenient to your plans. If she is deliberately scheduling disproportionately on your time, the schedules are significant when if you attempt to modify custody. I would not reschedule on her time unilaterally. However, if all of one activity is on your weekend, you should contact her about splitting it equally between the two of you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I can respect that but would you intentionally schedule tutoring during 2 of my four days and none of your 26 days, but thanks everyone I get it.
So, are you saying that the kid only gets two days of tutoring/month? How do you know this? Have you spoken with the tutor?

I have a situation similar to this. As my kids have gotten older and are tweens it is next to impossible to find activities that is not on some of the weekend time. I have always let dad know when looking into something and he never responds until I give him the schedule. So my daughter is accustomed to only attending every other weekend. But now she is in middle school we simply can't just do that because it is school sports. It is to the point she resents her dad for never coming or taking her on his time. I hate the wedge and when she was younger she did not think anything about it. But now that she is older it's the why? She has talked to her therapist and we have encouraged her to talk to him and tell him how much it would mean to her.

My whole point in posting this is this is very hard on the kiddo's and I hope and pray you guys can come to a neutral spot and be able to work this out for your childs sake because these things mean a lot to them. I have been on both sides of the fence as custodial and non custodial so I look at these things with wide opened eyes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">