• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto 2 said:
Kinda on the same topic - any suggestions on how to handle when stepmother shows up at a school function and holds "court" with child's teacher? I have a problem with this since I am there and have primary custody of my children. Ex is also there and says nothing.

Was the school function a parent/teacher conference?

mommyto 2

No it was not a school function. I expect the father to be at those events. This is not about an event, this is about him not returning my sick daughter to me after an over night visit, when his visitation ends at 8:00am, stating that school is anyones time. I had taken the day off to take her to the doctor and keep her home at school. I let her go on the visit because it is court order and he could very well take care of her. In the morning he refused to return her to me. With strep thoat going around, I wanted her to see the doctor. After I told him I was coming to get her he stated he was going to report me to DYFS (child protection) because she has lice a month ago (it was going around school). Long story short, when I went to get her, he was not there, stepmother was, and I took her with me. No police were called. I don't know if he reported me to DYFS, and don't really care. Daughter had an ear infection.

mommyto 2

Sorry - I did not respond to the stepmother holding court with the teacher, it was a school function at my son's school, an open house. Where she began speaking with the teacher regarding my son's modifications to the upcoming standerized testing. Other parents were present. To be very honest, it was not the time or place to have this private conversation, not is it any of her business what mods my son gets, it is based on his IEP that was developed with the districts child study team, the father and myself, not her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">